Horarios y Lugar impartición
- 3th March, Tuesday , morning session, UAM, Campus de Cantoblanco, Sala de Actos Facultad Filosofía y Letras.
12:20 – 13:20 h, Francesc Daumal i Domènech, Cristina Palmese, Workshop: “Sensory Landscape: perception and sound adjection of the urban itinerary”
- 4th March, Wednesday, afternoon session, MNCARS (MUSEO NACIONAL CENTRO de ARTE REINA SOFÍA), Auditorio 200, C/ Francisco Tomás y Valiente 3, Madrid.
17:30 – 18:30 h, Francesc Daumal i Domènech, Cristina Palmese, Workshop: “Sensory Landscape: perception and sound adjection of the urban itinerary”
- 5th March, Thursday, afternoon session, La Casa Encendida, Rda. De Valencia 2, Madrid.
17:30 – 18:15 h, Francesc Daumal i Domènech, Cristina Palmese, Workshop results: “Sensory Landscape: perception and sound adjection of the urban itinerary”
The floors sound when we walk on them. The spaces resonate in certain notes and could be tuned in some chord. Textures help absorption and diffusion, and shapes make sounds converge or disperse.
In short, all spaces sound, but nobody has told us their meaning. In this workshop they can explain it to us, although we have to live them in person, without seeing them.
That is why we have raised the Sensory Landscape Workshop. To initiate ourselves in active listening and awareness of the reach of our remaining senses.
And how will we do it? We will follow the Daumal Method, in which the attendees will go in groups of three analyzing an itinerary in indoor and outdoor spaces, alternating in the roles of blind, lazarillo and auditor.
Special emphasis will be placed on the adjectival of the route, which will consist of a drift itinerary, with stops (stations), and in all of them the adjectives of this itinerary and their physical characteristics will be described.
This requires that attendees wear a bandage that completely obstructs the vision without altering the hearing at all (that does not cover or obstruct the ear), a notebook and pencil or pen to take notes walking, and if possible video or photographic camera , and of course stereo digital recorder.
The relationship lived in a place is unique, plural and requires a complex knowledge of the environment both in terms of sensory interaction, the experience of sound, light, heat or touch, as well as the spatial and social experience.
The workshop proposes, through multiple listening modes, a reappropriation of space, our environment, the recognition of the other and the place, from the rediscovery and expansion of our own sensory possibilities with exercises that allow us to connect with our body , rediscovering the relationships we weave with the environment.
Through misalignment – de-visualization and automatic breakdown, we will allow new ways of living to emerge.
The topics of reflection will be:
- Normative spaces
- Control spaces
- Gender codes, class …
- Directionalities and temporalities
- Affective spaces
- Memory spaces
- Shared spaces
- Adjectivation of sonic space
- Careri, Francesco, El andar como práctica estética. Ed. Gustavo Gill. 2002
- Daumal i Domènech Francesc, Maestro Roncador, Sociedad Española de Acustica, 2014
- Daumal i Domènech Francesc, Arquitectura acústica, Ediciones UPC, 2002
- Labelle, Brandon, Sonic Agency: Sound and Emergent Forms of Resistance. Goldsmiths Press 2018.
- Massumi, Brian, Parables for the Virtual. Movement, Affect, Sensation. Duke University Press Durham-London 2002.
- Palmese Cristina El estudio de la Interacción audiovisual en las nuevas herramientas para el proyecto, Tesis doctoral 2014.
- Palmese Cristina, Carles, José Luis. Evolución de la experiencia plurisensorial: Entre arte y vida cotidiana. https://revistas.uam.es/bajopalabra/article/view/8028/8280